YouTube is a great platform for gamers to share their gameplay videos with the world. With over 1 billion active users, it’s not surprising that YouTube has become one of the most popular video sites on the Internet. As you might have noticed, there are many channels that offer gaming content and some of them even have partnerships with major brands such as PlayStation or Xbox. However, how can you get your channel considered by these companies?
Table of Contents
1. Things To Do
If you want to get a gaming partnership on YouTube, there are several things that you need to do.
First of all, it’s important for your channel to be engaging with subscribers and viewers alike.
The second thing is that it’s important for the content on your YouTube channel to be unique in order for the brands or companies who are looking at getting partnerships related to gaming, such as PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, etc., to want to work with you. One way of doing this would be by editing gameplay footage from other players’ perspectives via Twitch clips so people can see how they play their games without having them subscribe themselves – a similar strategy used by Fortnite streamers like Ninja and DrLupo. Another idea could be if you create tutorials about certain aspects of new games which gamers might not know about yet because there’s always something new.
If you want to get a gaming partnership on YouTube, the key is to be unique and engaging with your content. Use social media as well as the comments section in order to interact with subscribers and viewers alike while also providing high-quality content which gamers will find interesting. You should always provide valuable information that might not be known by other people yet so they’ll start following you and watching everything you upload!
2. Other Tips:
Tips for getting a gaming partnership on YouTube:
- Encourage people who have similar interests by coming up with giveaways or interactive videos where they can feel like part of the community.
- Showcase your skills through tutorials about new games.
- Create content that resonates with your gaming audience. For example, if you are a male gamer, then create videos about games or topics that primarily appeal to males gamers in order to tap into the market for video ads on YouTube. This is especially important considering how advertisers typically target specific demographics of viewers for their products and services.
- Collaborate with other influencers by creating joint videos where both parties share tips on particular subjects related to gaming instead of competing against each other, as this can lead to more views than what one person could get alone since it’s not just from his/her own channel but also from the combined reach of all participants’ channels together–this tactic has been shown to work really well for YouTube gaming channels that focus on creating content about specific games.
- Experiment with a variety of different types and lengths of videos in order to determine which work best, as this will also change based on the type of audience you are trying to reach–for example, people might want shorter how-to’s if they’re looking for tutorials versus longer ones if they just enjoy watching long-form video game commentary. This is important because it can help you figure out what your channel should be focusing on instead of having an inconsistent output where some subscribers prefer short videos while others like more lengthy videos.
- When uploading new videos, always make sure to include links back to older content but don’t rely exclusively on linking back when adding subtitles or annotations because this can be an unreliable link and it might lead to losing potential viewers.
- Be open to feedback from both your audience and other gamers–it’s important that you listen to what others are telling you in order for them not only to enjoy the video but also believe that they have a say in shaping its content which is something any gamer wants, as generally speaking people don’t like feeling like their opinions aren’t being taken into account or valued by those who create and produce videos.
- Stay away from using clickbait titles so that your subscribers will stick around after reading those words on YouTube instead of leaving immediately once they realize there isn’t anything else about the topic of interest included below the title line, even if these words are relevant to the content itself.
- Be sure that you are promoting your own channel and videos by mentioning them in other YouTubers’ video descriptions as well, which will help boost their views while also securing a better ranking on YouTube for more people who might be looking specifically for gaming channels instead of general game scenes.
This is important because some viewers use search terms when searching for video content or specific games so if they find an answer from someone else’s description then they won’t bother checking out your channel–that said, it can still lead to increased viewership over time since there could be others who would have stopped watching entirely had this tactic not been used. This strategy is especially helpful if you’re starting with little to no subscribers and want to build up your audience by making it easier for others who are searching for gaming content in general or a specific game to find yours.
- When recording gameplay, use the highest resolution possible especially if you plan on uploading this footage to YouTube since that will help with reducing pixelation while also providing viewers with an experience that is true-to-life as opposed to blurry and fuzzy which may make them feel like they’re not actually playing alongside the person instead of just watching from afar–this can be done either through using capture cards or by choosing higher quality settings in video games themselves.
This strategy goes hand-in-hand with posting links back to older videos because even though people might watch newer ones first when they’re searching through your channel, they’ll eventually realize that the older content is even better and will then watch those videos instead.
- Encourage people to subscribe by providing a link at the end of each video so viewers are able to easily find it on YouTube without having to type in any web addresses or go out of their way–this can also be done when uploading subtitles onto social media platforms like Twitter which many gamers use as well.
This strategy might not work for everyone who comes from various walks of life but can still lead to increased viewership if you have an audience that understands how marketing works and would appreciate this gesture. Make sure there’s no restriction placed on your account first before doing this because otherwise, these links won’t appear at all.
- Be sure to stay active on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook during the course of your gaming career in order to form strategic partnerships with other YouTubers who might not be well-known but have a lot of potential–these can then help you grow as a channel while also increasing their viewership through mutual promotion, which is important for both parties involved because it will make them more popular leading up until they’re big enough to do this independently.
This works particularly well if you are creating content about games that aren’t already mainstream or just starting out since even though there may only be hundreds of subscribers now, those views will increase over time until hitting thousands and eventually millions once word spreads around YouTube or if a popular YouTuber features your content in their videos.
- Be careful not to post the same type of video too often because it will get boring for viewers and you might lose subscribers as time goes on–this includes live streams, gameplay recordings, or other types of content that are similar so switch things up once in a while by doing something like posting behind-the-scenes footage from when you’re recording with commentary about what’s going on during that particular moment instead.
This is important because people tend to grow bored if they see the same thing over and over again without any variety which means they’ll stop watching entirely after a while since there isn’t anything new being offered–it also helps keep them entertained by offering different topics.
Check out this video for more details on this topic:
In this article, we’ve offered some strategies that you can use to get a gaming partnership on YouTube. You might not be well-known and need help getting your channel off the ground before it is successful enough for people to notice–or maybe you are popular but want an even bigger following by building strategic partnerships with other content creators who have similar interests or audiences.
Regardless of what stage your career has reached so far, these tips will hopefully lead you in the right direction when trying to grow as a gamer while also offering new perspectives about how marketing works for those who don’t know much about it already.