Did you know that one of the best features of YouTube is offline viewing? You can download videos to watch them without an internet connection. This article will show how to transfer youtube offline videos to the gallery and also provides the steps on how to do it.
YouTube offers offline viewing on the desktop.
- Go to YouTube and sign in with your account information
- Click on “Watch later” next to a video you want offline access to
- Press the gear icon at the top-right corner of the video player, then select the “download video” option from the menu that appears. The download process starts automatically when you click the save for offline viewing button (you can also press Ctrl+S).
- You will be notified when it is finished downloading. From now on, these saved videos are available for playback without an internet connection. To watch them again just go back into the Downloads tab under the Saved Videos section or type “Downloads” in the search box within YouTube App,> Find what I want and click “watch offline”
- You can also watch saved videos right on the YouTube App.
- Just open it and tap on Saved > Find what I want or type “Saved” in the search box to find your video, then click the Watch Offline button next to each of them.
- When you are finished browsing for content, go back into the Downloads tab under the Saved Videos section or proceed with step two below if you’re using the YouTube app to download a video from a desktop computer
- Click on the gear icon at the top-right corner of the video player (or press Ctrl+Shift+D), then select “delete stored copies”. You will be prompted with a confirmation message before proceeding
- Close browser window after confirming deletion
Repeat steps a to e for each video you want offline access to. Note that there is no limit on the number of videos or time period in which they can be watched
Check this video:
To watch saved videos outside the YouTube app:
Find what I want and click “watch offline” > Click the Play button next to your selected video(s).
Remember that it’s not possible to share or edit content with this method. You need an internet connection before watching them again from a desktop computer as well
What are some benefits?
You can carry them with you wherever you go!
Watch your favorite content anytime without an internet connection just by having downloaded versions of the content saved onto your phone first.
To watch saved videos outside of the app, find what I want then click the Play button (you will be prompted with a confirmation message before proceeding).
Remember that it is not possible to share or edit this kind of content while using mobile devices so make sure there’s Wi-Fi nearby when you want to watch them again from YouTube App > Saved section
Is it legal to download videos from YouTube?
Yes, it is legal to download videos from YouTube. However, if the video owner has opted for the “no downloads” option under the video’s settings tab then they may have enabled their content is protected by copyright law and you would be violating such laws by downloading or watching this type of media offline without permission
How do I delete saved YouTube videos?
To delete stored copies on your computer: Click on the gear icon at the top-right corner of the video player > Select Delete Stored Copies. You will get a confirmation message before proceeding with the deletion process > Follow prompts as instructed
Note that there is no limit on the number of total youtube hours watched per day (maximum 12 hours) but anything more than 30 minutes in one sitting is considered binge viewing, which is not the same as offline viewing.
At which resolution can I download videos?
The resolution will depend on the video quality. The higher the quality, the more space you need for it.” The major resolutions are 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p. Also, if you have a video with multiple resolutions, the highest one will be downloaded automatically
What is an offline playlist?
YouTube allows users to save videos offline. Offline playlists are just like regular YouTube playlists but not available for playback without an internet connection A user can create as many offline playlists (within limits) before downloading content on a mobile device or computer.
The takeaway from this article is that there are various benefits to downloading videos offline. Whether you’re looking for a way to watch content without an internet connection or you want access to your favorite YouTube video whenever these steps should help guide the process of how to transfer youtube offline videos.